As I read the comment, again, I thought to myself, “What the heck?” I had to read it again and then once more. I followed a link from the comment to a post to give me more information and then things finally started to click. I had been nominated for The Liebster Award by a fellow blogger.
This seems to be an award, a recognition, for new bloggers to help get them some exposure. What a grand idea! I was nominated by Rachel at http://threechattycats.com/ – hey, she has a blog about cats, what more do you need to know?
Now, I am supposed to share some interesting facts about myself. This ought to be fun.
- I’m not as tall as most people think; I’m only 5’4″. I frequently am told by people, “I thought you were taller.” I suppose I’m like the Tardis that way.
- I like Doctor Who. Let me clarify that – I like all the Doctor Who episodes starting with Christopher Eccleston. I have watched very, very little of the original series.
- I’m totally in love with anything and everything Neil Gaiman. Adult novels, kid books, comics, random internet memes; if Gaiman had anything to do with it, chances are I’ll love it.
4. I LOVE Avocados.
5. I was a nanny for several years and it was one of the best jobs I ever had. Definitely one of the most rewarding.
6. I have not attended any college. I have a high school diploma and that’s the end of my education. For some reason, this surprises people when they learn about it.
7. I am surrounded by clutter in my craft room. It may look chaotic to most folks, but I can usually put my hands on whatever I need rather quickly.
8. I can be surprisingly anti-social, and I thoroughly enjoy spending time with myself. That said, I also enjoy having groups of friends over for random dinner parties on occasion.
9. Math is not a favorite subject of mine. My brain doesn’t function in that capacity as well as it does in others. I took Geometry twice in high school and that was the highest math I ever took. 🙂
10. I am a pretty darn good cook when I want to be. But I have a husband who is also a good cook so I often leave it up to him. I forget to eat quite often when I’m in here crafting.
11. I do not like putting things away! Be it dishes after they are washed or clean laundry. . . I really have a problem here.
Now I am supposed to answer questions posed to me by Rachel from http://threechattycats.com/. Here goes!
- How many pets have you had in your life? In my entire life? Oh my. . . I have had pets as far back as I can remember (and I’m 47). Currently we have four cats and three dogs.
- What is the farthest place from home you’ve traveled? England and Germany. To be fair, we lived in England for 5 years.
- Do you prefer coffee or tea? Tea Tea Tea! I drink it with almond milk.
- When did you start your blog? I started my Handmade by BBL blog just a short time ago. But I had another blog that I shared with family and friends while we lived in England.
- Why did you start your blog? To – hopefully – help me make a start into selling some of the cards I make.
- What is your favorite snack food? Chocolate covered almonds or hazelnuts. Or Ritter Sport milk chocolate with hazelnuts chocolate bars.
- What is your social media of choice (if any)? Facebook I suppose. I’m very new to Twitter and don’t use any other social media.
- What house of Hogwarts would you be sorted into? Ah, here I am clueless. Not overly familiar with Harry Potter stuff!
- What’s your favorite season and why? Spring because the temperatures are perfect, flowers and plants are blooming and everything seems so wonderful.
- What’s the last movie you saw or book you read? Last movie I watched (just last night with the family) was Captain America: The Winter Soldier and the last book I read (still in the process of reading actually) is Bill Bryson’s The Lost Continent: Travels in Small-Town America and also reading Thich Nhat Hanh’s Happiness.
Now I’m supposed to nominate a few blogs that I find deserving of this award. None of these are going to be expecting this so hopefully they’ll find it a nice surprise!
1. This blog by my good friend, Nikki. She is an amazing person. Her blog is just full of honesty. https://thedeepdown.wordpress.com/
2. I have to nominate my friend, Emma Rose. She is currently a Stampin Up demonstrator and loving it! I have to say that her upbeat attitude and her outlook on life are inspiring to me. http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/rosesinwinter/
3. A fashion blog. Now, those who know me know that I am NOT fashionable! Not one bit. My standard uniform is jeans and a tee shirt, usually topped by a hoodie. This blog is so insightful and humorous that it HAS to be read. https://houseofcolourhuntingdon.wordpress.com/
4. This crafty blog which never fails to stimulate my brain cells. I don’t know this person at all, but I do love her crafts. https://trash2treasure.wordpress.com/
5. My good friend, Christy, who does many things. I’ve learned a lot from her. She is just working on this blog and getting it up and running (along with the five million other things she does on a daily basis!). http://www.christyjoyhigby.com/blog
6. Finally, this arty lady. I just found some of her videos on youtube and was so inspired that I made a painting incorporating one of her tutorials! I have never met her or spoken to her so hopefully another good surprise! http://herartfromtheattic.blogspot.com/
Now, I’m still new to all this so hopefully I’ve gotten all the facts straight about how this Liebster Award works. I’m also not big on calling people out to participate in things, so if you’ve been nominated (see above) and you want to participate, please do. I’ll let you choose how many facts about yourself you wish to provide, if any, and I won’t force you to answer any questions! If you do want to answer questions, here is a list for you.
1. Name a sound that you love.
2. What is your favorite song?
3. What is your least favorite household chore?
4. What do you feel is most important in life?
5.Have you ever been mistaken for a celebrity? If so, explain.
6. What do you like to do when you have free time?
7. Morning person or night owl?
8. What is the best gift you’ve ever received?
9. Last television show, book or movie that made you cry.
10. Best meal you’ve ever eaten.
Apparently there are “official rules” for The Liebster Award, but I’m not always a rule follower. I prefer to think that life is flexible and people are forgiving. If you want to follow the official rules, I have copied them here for you. I got them from this post: http://wordingwell.com/the-liebster-award-the-official-rules-my-first-blog-award-and-a-few-personal-secrets-revealed/
The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) (NOTE: I don’t even know what a widget or gadget is!)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!) (NOTE: I didn’t bother to look at how many followers were listed – I don’t know how!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)